What is Yux
Yux is an alternative Yahoo Messenger client for *nix systems. What distinguishes Yux from other clients is that Yux attempts to match the look and feel of the official version of the Windows client.
Aimed at simplicity and ease of use, Yux offers the following features:
- Extremely lightweight, does what its supposed to do.
- Gtk-themeable user interface.
- Accessibility features for persons with disabilities. (in process)
- Supports almost all of yahoo messenger features except audibles, buddy icons, and voice chats.
Compiling and Installation
$ tar zxvf yux.tgz
$ ./configure && make
- Install (as root)
# make install
- libyahoo2 library [homepage] [rpmfind]
This page and its contents are copyright ©
: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/project-web/pravin/htdocs/footer.php
on line 3
2018, Pravin Paratey